This blog contains posts about both original designs and items I've made based on others' patterns. Any patterns posted here are my original work and are my sole property. They may be printed for personal use but may not be copied or reposted. Items are intended for personal use, gifts, or sale for charity.

12 January 2013

Largish Doily

I'm working on a thread doily for my cousin to use in her upcoming June wedding. She has opted to use several doilies for her reception tables, and I LOVE the idea.

She selected this pattern. The site is a little obnoxious to me and requires registration, but I haven't received emails from them since I first signed up.

I initially used size 10 thread with a size 5 steel hook, but it was a little too loose, as seen in this photo. I started over with a size 7 hook and got much better results.








I took a pretty good break over the Christmas season, at which point I was gifted a few Jo-Anne gift cards, and I treated myself to a very nice set of steel hooks. The good news is that the hooks are comfy and high-quality; the bad news is that they don't include size 5 or 7. I went with a 6 and had no trouble.

 Here are a few photos of progress. I'll make a few more notes about construction when it's finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment