This blog contains posts about both original designs and items I've made based on others' patterns. Any patterns posted here are my original work and are my sole property. They may be printed for personal use but may not be copied or reposted. Items are intended for personal use, gifts, or sale for charity.

29 October 2011

Thread Crochet Table Runner




  Update 3/2/2012: I picked this back up in mid-January and finished it at the end of February.  I blocked it and ironed it, and then I promptly proceeded to ruin it.  I burned it with the iron.  I had about a week to try and salvage it before the auction, so I dyed it with tea to hide the burns.  It's not perfect, but it's a lot better.  The auction is tomorrow, so we shall see what it earns.



Update 11/4: Here's the first week's progress.  I'm participating in National Novel Writing Month, so progress will be slow for November.  This table runner will definitely require blocking, but I think it will turn out nicely.












I've begun work on a thread crochet table runner using this pattern.  I plan to offer it at an auction to benefit my son's school.
There's not much to say about it at this point.  It's worked in size 10 thread with a size 7 steel hook.  It's a logical, easy pattern that progresses quickly, the sort of item that you can hook while watching Fringe and still follow the story line.

It's likely that I will put it down for a few weeks while I engage in NaNoWriMo, but there's a good long while before the auction, so I'm in no hurry.

Here's hoping nostalgia will fetch a decent price!

1 comment: